Color of the dragonflies we ride together

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Color of the dragonflies we ride together

Post by Cyber-Punk on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Hey all,

With the dragonfly's release, there was discussion about what color we should all buy: The initial discussion resulted in a majority vote for black, but I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to have input!

Additionally, the final release of the game will allow players to paint their ships whichever colors they please, so this topic isn't necessarily confined to those colors offered in the concept sale.

Thanks,
Cyber

Cyber-Punk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Color of the dragonflies we ride together

Post by Commandopip on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Black!
Commandopip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric_Crow on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Although, I am sure it will be a popular color in the verse... Black

Also, we could have gone with some exclusivity based on rank. For example, founders in yellow-jacket, patch members in something else, etc. But I rather be uniform as an ORG.

Last edited by Eric_Crow on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added comments)
Eric_Crow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VerniusNL on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:52 pm

I bought the dragon fly to ride it yellow if it was just the black one i wouldnt have bought the package.

That being said i am sure in the verse you can change it . Since in the folder there are alot more colors then black and yellow. Only the yellow one is exclusive now and the black one isnt.

I dont see the need to vote on one color now since there will be more colors later.
VerniusNL
Admin

View user profile http://wreckraiders.forumclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric_Crow on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Just so we are clear, I am not saying folks need to buy a dragonfly this week, but eventually it would make sense that everyone get one in-game. For those that wish to get one during the concept sale, nailing down the color between yellow and black would desirable. I understand that we might have trouble finding a consensus (right now the pool on the RSI site is about 50/50 between yellow and black.

You are correct that the brochure state that you can have it in different color, but this will be pending implementation of the in the game; which could take time (like everything else).

So I guess the first question is does it make sense that we have dragonfly ships the same color within the ORG?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop_Baconator on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:51 am

Hey posted some thoughts on this earlier in discord but wanted to mirror them quickly here:

Going with the biker gang theme in my mind means that there has to be a certain amount of individuality for each member of the org. I've owned choppers before but never been in a MC or RC, that said I feel it's important that each individual style/flair/flavor be represented inside the Org. Going along the same lines of never telling a member how to outfit their chopper (floorboards, frame-sliders, ape-hangers, exhaust choices etc....) I would say that I'm a fan of each member choosing their own way in terms of color.

Now, I do like the idea of there being a way to recognize a Raider "at-a-glance" and I think it would be great if we had options to put emblems on our ships-- for a DF maybe have a set-up where the member picks whatever color they want and each tier has their own decal; that way prospects, patched, and founders all have special emblems they can display, along with the Org's Skull/Raven motif. Problem is we have no idea if those features will ever actually be a part of the game, so all we can do is "wish" in that regard (I'd also settle for being able to pick color's for our Skull/Raven emblem....say copper, silver, gold as an alternative to separate tier emblems).

Keep in mind an MC will probably never do anything that would allow them to be compared to "uniformed" organization: everyone in the same color can have a very "military" feel to it even on a space-bike. I think of an MC as a group that laughs at the idea of uniformity, going instead for the "group-o-ragtag-rebels" look every chance they get.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top